We offer the following categories of membership with equal voting rights
- Full Membership: open to all playing members over 18 yrs old.
- Associate Membership: open to all, associate members are entitled to the use of social facilities and the playing of up to 5 matches. We welcome this association as it brings many benefits to the club.
- Youth Membership: open to those in Yr10 to age 18, is subject to parental consent, the Youth Member has the voting right
- Junior Club Membership: open to those in Yr 9 and below, is subject to parental consent (the parent or guardian has the voting right)
- Honorary members may be for life or any other period.
All categories of membership are dependent on the payment of the appropriate set fees for the current season, shown below.
2021-2022 Subscription and Fees
We have introduced a substantial rebate on subscriptions that are paid IN FULL by September 30th. This reduction will only apply to BACS or GoCardless tranactions.
- Full Playing Member: £115 Subscription, £10 match fees, (reduced to £90 if paid in full by BACS or GoCardless and by 30th September 2021)
- Concessionary Member: Over 18 students and unwaged: £65 Subscription plus £5 match fees, (reduced to £50 if paid by BACS or GoCardless and by 30th September 2021)
- Associate Member: £40 plus £10 match fees ( playing up to 5 matches)
- Youth Membership: (yr 10 to age 18) £65 Subscription plus £5 match fees, (reduced to £50 if paid by BACS or GoCardless and by 30th September 2021)
- Junior Club Membership: (yr 9 and below) £50 Subscription plus tournament fees of £3.
- Concessionary Family Membership for Under 18s: where two under 18s are from the same family the subscription is reduced to £40 for each family member.
- charged on match day £10 full or £5 concessionary and youth
- Goalkeepers providing their own full kit charged 50% match fee
Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) and Gift Aid
We are a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) we can claim gift aid of 25p for every £1 of your subscription. When you register and accept the Terms and Conditions, you will see the information about Gift Aid. By accepting the terms and conditions you are agreeing that you are happy for us to make this reclaim. Please note the person signing off the consent for the gift aid claim MUST be a UK Taxpayer.
This is voluntary but we hope you consent, as it will significantly boost our income and potential to develop hockey in the community. You can accept or decline gift aid on your home profile page. If in the future you want to cancel gift aid, please inform the Membership Secretary. Admin Eastdevonhockeyclub@gmail.com
Existing members are asked to re-register each year on the website making sure all the contact and medical information is correct. ALL MATCH SELECTIONS are by EMAIL so make sure this is correct. At registration, you will be asked to confirm that you are happy for us to reclaim Gift Aid on your subscription fee.
New members are asked to submit a new applicant enquiry by using the GET IN TOUCH link found on this page. If your application is accepted you will receive a link to your profile page where you can complete the registration process, and you will be asked to confirm that you are happy for us to reclaim Gift Aid on your subscription fee.
Ways to Pay
The club runs on a very fine margin to keep costs down. Subscriptions should be paid by the end of September until when there is an early payment reduction if payment is made by BACS.
Want to join our Junior Section
Remember we ask for no payment for the first two weeks which are offered as a trial. After your taster sessions if you decide to join us you will need to complete the details asked for by responding to an automated link. If you know of other children interested in being coached hockey by well qualified coaches in a friendly environment please let them know about us. Use the GET IN TOUCH tab to the right of this article to let us know you are coming.
Under 18’s must have shin guards and mouth guard for all hockey training and games, sticks for juniors are available.
Club Welfare Officer
We provide a point of contact for under 18 members and their parents to discuss any welfare concerns they have. The EDHC Welfare Officer is Dan Wride, he can be contacted: email@example.com